Emergency First Aid
Basic First Aid
Our 1-day basic first aid course has been designed to cover all the core principles of First Aid. It is delivered through a mix of multi-media information and practical hands-on instruction. Participants will come away with a basic medical understanding of the human anatomy, along with practical life-saving skills. The Basic 1 day First Aid qualification attained will allow candidates to operate within the workplace as a designated First Aider.
• Accident Management and Patient Assessment
• Respiratory Emergencies
• Cardiac First Response
• Wounds and Bleeding
• Altered Levels of Consciousness
• Musculoskeletal Injuries
• Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Poison, Electric Shock
The objective is to give the participant an idea what first aid is.
Who Should Attend?
All employees that were not selected for The First Aid response course.
An attendence certificate is offered by Stephen.
Workplace First Aid
The Workplace First Aid course is a 3-day classroom course with 2 years of validity. It will enable people to give emergency care or treatment to an ill or injured person in the workplace, or elsewhere, before regular medical aid can be obtained. This unit covers all the aspects of general first aid and first aid in the workplace. Once you have completed this classroom module, the certificate will be mailed to you directly.
• Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use including:
• Heart Attack
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
• Medical Emergencies (e.g. Diabetes, Epilepsy, Asthma)
• Trauma (Bleeding control, musculoskeletal injuries, sprains and strains)
• Poisons and Allergic Reactions
• Burns & Scalds
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Deal with First Aid emergencies in the workplace or elsewhere
• Provide necessary first aid within the workplace
• Understand and demonstrate essential life-saving skills
• Know how to assess an incident
• Understand how to manage a variety of conditions
Who Should Attend?
Those persons who may be called upon to respond to an accident or incident in the workplace where a person may be ill or injured.
This certificate is valid for 2 years, and is recognised by the HSA.
Max participants: 20
Click To Book Now