Abrasive Wheels Training
This course will instruct employees in the theory and practice of safe use of abrasive wheels to comply with the “abrasive wheels regulations 1982” (si 30 / 1982).
The focus of this course is driven towards user competence and safe workplace practices. along with a greater understanding of personal safety, attendees will also be familiarised with current legislation. It is the legal obligation of all employers to provide enough Health and Safety training to any employee that is expected to operate an abrasive wheel.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course
These abrasive wheels training course is legally required for all those who are involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
Abrasive Wheels Training Content
• Various functions of miscellaneous components like flanges, blotters and others.
• Differences between grinding and cutting operations.
• Safe mounting of the abrasive wheel.
• Identification of dangerous situations.
• Practical assessment.
Abrasive Wheels Training Objectives
• Understand the hazards and risks when using abrasive wheels.
• Be able to select the appropriate wheel use.
• Be able to mount an abrasive wheel.
• Safely store and identify abrasive wheels.
• Be able to inspect and recognise damaged wheels.